little lost causes

Monday, October 8, 2007

The Gig is Up

I miss home right now but I'm not feeling too sad today. We're still looking for apartments. It's easy to get homesick when everything takes so fucking long.
Ryan is watching a table tennis tournament and is really intrigued by the way one competitor spits on the end of her table. Maybe she's marking her territory or giving the corners more grip or something. Then Deb asked why the Chinese always dominate this sport and that made me mad because I'm generally mad at her right now. She woke me up this morning just to be mean.
Ryan used to tell me about playing table tennis with his grandpa and the memories sounded really funny and feeling-filled. I was too awkward to play table tennis when I was little. My arms were too long for my body and I had trouble controlling them.
I miss my friends. I miss my town. But I like Cologne. I just don't like being here right now.

No comments: